Technology seems to evolve and change as fast as the wind and digital camera technology is no different. It seems that every month,Guest Posting if not every week, manufacturers are launching the latest and greatest in digital cameras to entice customers.
It helps to remember that the goal of buying a digital camera is the convenience it offers in snapping pictures and then having quality photos of life’s memories. It is a fact that no matter what camera you decide on buying there will always be something new and “better” that will come out, so do not let this distract you. There are certain aspects of digital camera technology that are most important to getting quality pictures. Focusing on these aspects combined with an affordable price is a safe formula for getting the best digital camera.
7 Most Important Aspects of Digital Camera Technology
1. Megapixels: The higher the mega pixels the better and sharper the resolution of the pictures. The resolution of your image is based upon the mega pixel property of your camera. This means that as you enlarge the picture, you would get more detail and less blurry colors.
If you will only be emailing pictures or viewing them on your computer then resolution is not an issue and any number of pixels will do. However, if you intend to print your pictures, enlarge them and perform other editing functions then you will need better resolution and therefore a higher pixel count in order to have quality photos. Digital camera technology offers offers a resolution of at least 5 megapixels, which is enough to make a sharp 11-by-14 print.
2. LCD Size: One of the best aspects of digital camera technology is the LCD screen. These are screens that allow you to see pictures you just shot in real time. The best digital camera will always have a large LCD to help you frame your subject without having to squint to the viewfinder.
LCD screen digital camera technology is also helpful when reviewing your images. Some cameras enable touch up and editing features with its LCD. Some digital cameras offer a histogram on the LCD, a good feature to determine the quality of images taken. A histogram is a graph that will show you highlights that are overexposed to the point of being pure white, and shadows that are underexposed and show as pure black.
A 1.5-inch display is average, a 2-inch LCD display is good, but the best LCD size would be 2.5 inches or higher.
3. Zoom Lens: The zoom capability is one of the most important aspects of digital camera technology. Digital camera technology allows camera to have both digital and optical zoom, but a higher Optical Zoom is always better than a higher Digital Eye Camera security Zoom because Digital Zoom merely captures pixels and magnifies those and produces inferior photos while Optical Zoom gives you all the benefits of the camera’s maximum resolution, combined with the ability to focus in tight on faraway action.
Digital cameras are usually furnished with optical zoom ranging between 3x to 20x. The higher the optical zoom the better the photos.
4. Image Stabilization: Without image stabilization you need a steady hand or a tripod to avoid blurry pictures at extreme telephoto lengths. More advanced digital cameras, including SLRs, tend to employ one of two methods, Optical Image Stabilization, in which an element in the lens adjusts to compensate for movement or Sensor Movement, in which the camera’s sensor moves in order to compensate for the shaking.
5. User Friendly Controls: Another important aspect of digital camera technology is the user-friendliness of the controls. While digital camera’s technology are getting smaller and “cuter” using these tiny cameras is not always so cute.